The Friends of Willoughbridge Garden Trust was set up in 1973 with the specific aim of supporting the Dorothy Clive Garden through fund raising activities. Over the years we have raised thousands of pounds which have been used to buy the entrance gates, furniture and fittings for the Tea Room, plants and pots for the Royal Botanic Glasshouse and an extended and improved facilities for the Bryan Mayer Pavilion among other things.
Would you like to join us in helping to support the garden?
For £38.50 membership during the 2018 season you get –
- All the benefits of Membership to the Dorothy Clive Garden with an added social benefit.
- Lectures every second Sunday of the month from March to October held in the pavilion.
- Opportunity to go on an annual 5 day summer holiday visiting gardens and spring overnight visit. Plus other day visits throughout the UK. The holiday in 2018 is to Scotland and the overnight visit it to Northamptonshire. Day visits are to more local gardens.
- Access to a workshop on a horticultural theme.
If you are interested in being a Friend of Willoughbridge Garden Trust and want to find out more information please contact –
- Mrs Ann Cornes, Treasurer/Social Secretary/Trustee on 01782 772 887 or email: email@example.com
- Mrs Alicia Guild, Membership Secretary, on 01630 647274 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested but would like a taster session, you are welcome to join one of our lectures by prior arrangement or with a Friend.
The dates are as follows:
March 11th – ” A Passion for Heucheras” – Richard and Judy Fox
April 8th – ” A New Take on Bedding” – Laura Willgoss
May 13th – ” Rare Wildflowers of the Peak District” – Bryon Machin
June 10th – ” Endon Well-dressing Festival – 170 years of History in Flowers” – Robert Barlow
July 8th – ” Green Walls: Enhancing Bio-Diversity in the Environment” – Eleanor Atkins
August 12th – The Clive Memorial Lecture
” Deep, Down and Dirty” – Joe Hawkins
September 9th – “Gardens of Italy: Ancient and Modern” – Duncan Coombs
October 14th – ” An Introduction to Cacti” – Stan & Vicki Griffin
Please contact Ann Cornes or Alicia Guild as above for information about how to join.