The Friends of Willoughbridge Garden Trust was set up in 1973 with the specific aim of supporting the Dorothy Clive Garden through fund raising activities. Over the years we have raised thousands of pounds which have been used to buy the entrance gates, furniture and fittings for the Tea Room, plants and pots for the Royal Botanic Glasshouse and an extended and improved facilities for the Bryan Mayer Pavilion among other things.
Would you like to join us in helping to support the garden?
For £38.50 membership during the 2019 season you get –
- All the benefits of Membership to the Dorothy Clive Garden with an added social benefit.
- Lectures every second Sunday of the month from March to October held in the pavilion.
- Opportunity to go on an annual 5 day summer holiday visiting gardens and spring overnight visit. Plus other day visits throughout the UK.
- Access to a workshop on a horticultural theme.
If you are interested in being a Friend of Willoughbridge Garden Trust and want to find out more information please contact –
- Mrs Ann Cornes, Treasurer/Social Secretary/Trustee on 01782 772 887 or email: email@example.com
- Mrs Alicia Guild, Membership Secretary, on 01630 647274 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested but would like a taster session, you are welcome to join one of our lectures by prior arrangement or with a Friend.
The 2019 dates are as follows:
March 10th – ” Agapanthus, Amerines and Clivias ” – Steve Hickman
April 14th – ” Fire in the Forest” – Peter Thomas
May 12th – ” Flora Domestica: A social history of indoor plants” – Advolly Richmond
June 9th – ” Bringing order to the Natural World: The work of Carl Linnaeus” – Mike Jones
July 14th – ” Romanian Mountain Plants” – Razvan Chisu
August 11th – The Clive Memorial Lecture
” The Wild Orchids of the Peak District ” – Byron Machin
September 8th – “Commonwealth War Graves Commission: History & Horticulture” – Sarah Moody
October 13th – ” Liliums for your garden” – Duncan Coombs
Please contact Ann Cornes or Alicia Guild as above for information about how to join.