Gate Steward Job Vacancy at the Dorothy Clive Garden
We are currently recruiting gate stewards starting from March 2017.
Job Description / role 2017
Title: Gate steward
Basic Pay: £7.50 per hour
Hours: 2 shifts per week for 2 weeks. (normal shift = 9.45am – 4.45pm. Half hour unpaid lunch break. Therefore standard shift = 6.5 hours). Every third week a 3 day week including Friday to Sunday inclusive (Sat and Sun = 9.45am – 4.45pm; Fri = 9am-4.30pm – 7 hour shift after a lunch break deducted).
Holidays: By prior arrangement with the curator.
- A key figure in a ‘front of house’ role at The Dorothy Clive Garden.
- Supervision with the Gate Supervisor (Alan Farrar); he will co-ordinate / organise shift patterns and rotas, etc…
- Line management with The Curator. You will be required to liaise and consult regularly with the other departmental representatives.
- ‘Team working’ within the wider operations / goals of The Dorothy Clive Garden including:- tea room and associated staff, the garden team, office based staff, volunteers and occasional contractors.
- Every 3 weeks you will attend a team meeting to help co-ordinate your weekend on duty.
Key Skills and experience:-
- Experience of working in a similar environment – i.e. any ‘front-of-house’ / customer friendly role preferable.
- Background in handling money, cashing up, etc.
- An ability to ‘sell’ as required – i.e. guide books
- An ability to encourage ‘gift aid’ contributions.
- Good numerical skills.
- Basic literacy.
- Communicate effectively with customers on arrival. Issue correct tickets, literature and administer gift aid contributions.
- Cash up / reconcile daily takings for the ticket hut and manage float in tandem with D.M.
- Support events, tours, extra-curricular activities when necessary – i.e. Plant Hunters’ Fair
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01630647237 for an informal chat. Thank you.