If you are interested in choosing The Dorothy Clive Garden for your wedding and would like an idea of costs please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07983 745489
Are you looking for a delightful setting for your wedding day, somewhere a little different, then consider the Dorothy Clive Garden. Situated on the borders of Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire with stunning views and glorious gardens all the year round this could be your perfect setting for your special day. Whether you are considering a small wedding for just close family and friends or a bigger wedding we have the space for whatever the weather.
We offer an idyllic outside space for marriages and civil partnerships in our Belvedere Pavilion for up to 100 guests or hold your wedding ceremony in our charming Bryan Mayer pavilion for an intimate small wedding or for up to 70 guests.
We offer wedding packages to suit everyone and our catering team can provide food and drinks packages.
If your dream is to be married in a woodland setting or in May under our Laburnum Arch then come and see our beautiful gardens. If you are married and want to renew your vows or want to come and have photographs taken in the garden then just let us know.
Willoughbridge Garden Trust
Trading as The Dorothy Clive Garden
Terms and conditions agreement- Wedding Venue Hire
(amended January 2020)
1. Your contract is with The Willoughbridge Garden Trust, Willoughbridge, Market Drayton, Shropshire. TF9 4EU
2. We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
3. In these terms, ‘venue’ means the venue at The Dorothy Clive Garden where your wedding is agreed to be held, ‘wedding’ also means (where applicable) a civil partnership, ‘wedding package’ means the services relating to your wedding which we agree to provide to you; and ‘working day’ means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business.
Making your booking and cancellation
4. We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless and until a contract is entered into.
5. If, after receiving our quotation for your wedding package, you want to make a booking with us, you should within 28 days of the date of our quotation return your signed booking form, this signed Terms and Conditions agreement , a booking fee of £50 and pay a deposit of 25% of your quoted total amount.
6. A £500 returnable deposit against damages will be required with the final payment 28 days before the wedding. (The deposit against damages is returned to the hirer within 14 days after the wedding).
7. Please note that your 25% deposit and booking fee will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking.
8. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your signed Terms and Conditions agreement (this document).
9. We will send our confirmation of booking letter and wedding summary to you after receipt of your 25% deposit and booking fee. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If we do not accept your booking application we shall of course return your deposit.
Your wedding package
10. The general content of your wedding package shall be as set out in your quotation, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing. We may finalise certain details of your wedding package (for example, the exact numbers of guests to be catered for, and the menu for meals) with you in the period leading up to your wedding, in accordance with these terms.
11. As part of your wedding package the areas of the Dorothy Clive Garden as described in your quotation will be hired out to you, for the period set out in your quotation. We will not hire out these areas to anyone else during this period, but we cannot guarantee that no one else will be present in these areas at the same time as you and your guests during the period that the garden is open to the public.
12. The Willoughbridge Garden Trust is not responsible for any agents contracted by the hirer.
13. The price of your wedding package shall be as set out in your quotation.
14. If not all components of the price in the quotation are stated to be fixed (for example, because they depend on the number of guests to be catered for), the final price will be determined either in accordance with the quotation (for example, the charge ‘’per head’’ for meals) or as otherwise agreed with us (for example, if there are any ‘’extra’’ services not set out in the quotation which we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you).
15. If your wedding date is scheduled more than 1 year after the date of our confirmation of booking, we reserve the right to increase the price of your wedding package by up to 5% for each complete period of 12 months between these two dates.
16. All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of the wedding, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of your wedding package), unless you have already paid for your wedding package in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
Payment of balance
17. We will invoice you for the total price of your wedding package (less any deposit paid) approximately 28 days before the scheduled date of your wedding. You must pay our invoice in full no later than 14 working days from the date of invoice. The £500 deposit against damages will also be due at this time.
18. It is your responsibility to book the Registrar for your wedding. If you have not booked the Registrar before making your booking application with us, we advise you to do so as soon as possible after you have received our confirmation of booking. In law you must book your ceremony direct with the Registrar and a booking with the Willoughbridge Garden Trust does not imply a booking with the Registrar.
19. It will be the hirers’ responsibility to specify and liaise with any sub-contractors.
20. You must confirm final catering numbers no later than 28 days before your wedding so we are able to raise a final invoice. Subsequent increases in numbers will be invoiced separately. Please note, no refunds will be given for any decrease in numbers.
21. You must provide us, by the dates we may reasonably request of you, with any information we ask for (such as final choice of menus) so that we may finalise the details of the wedding package and/ or it’s price.
22. You must comply with, and use your endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/ or people at the venue. The hirer is responsible for the arrival and departure of all guests in a quiet and orderly fashion. The hirer or a responsible person appointed by the hirer must remain at the venue until the last guest has departed. All guests must depart by midnight.
23. Cars may be allowed to stay overnight with prior permission of the event organiser. Cars allowed to stay overnight must park in the area stated by the organiser and collected by 11.00am the next day. All cars are left at the owner’s risk. The Willoughbridge Garden Trust accept no responsibility for cars parked on the premises.
24. The hirer is responsible for informing agents and guests of these terms and conditions.
25. You must provide your agents and guests with such information as we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue (for example, in relation to car parking or the storage of valuables).
26. Any damage caused to the venue or its environs will be invoiced directly to the couple after the event.
27. Helium balloons, Chinese Fire Lanterns and Hay/ straw bales are not permitted.
28. No naked flames may be used.
29. No animals are permitted except guide/ hearing dogs.
30. Children must be under supervision at all times.
31. There is a pond, a waterfall and uneven paths at the venue. It is your responsibility to make yourself and your guests aware of the hazards associated with this.
32. We cannot be held responsible for any valuables lost or damaged at the venue. Please do not leave any valuables / gifts at the venue overnight.
33. We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of staff.
34. Details of third party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging services in connection to the wedding. If you do engage these or any other third party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the venue any third party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the venue.
35. All music should finish by11.00pm to comply with our license. The venue is to be closed by 11.30pm and we would ask you to ensure that all guests have left by midnight at the latest.
36. The hirer must ensure that all entertainment and catering booked for the hire period are in possession of a Public Liability Document and the equipment is Portable Appliance Tested. Similarly all relevant criteria must be met by any caterers.
37. The Willoughbridge Garden Trust strongly recommends the hirer to take out event insurance, including Public Liability cover if preferred, to cover the hirer in the event of cancellation due to circumstances beyond their control.
38. In the event of a fire, guests should leave the building/ marquee by the nearest fire exit and gather in the top car park. The hirer or their nominated responsible person is responsible for accounting for all guests once they have vacated the building/ marquee.
Cancellation by us
39. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any obligation to refund your deposit if:
• You do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due for such payment; or
• We have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
• We discover, before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you have deliberately given us incorrect information, or deliberately concealed information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
• We have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to the venue or to our property and/ or injury to people.
Events outside our control
40. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power or water. In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use all reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund any money you have paid towards your wedding package.
Limitation of our liability to you
41. Our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your wedding package. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
42. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or to attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the venue and/or your wedding package
43. We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or the exterior of the venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of rooms.
44. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your wedding have to be altered. However, as a wedding plan is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary.
45. We will notify you of any significant changes, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
46. If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that she/he has the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married. Our contract will therefore be with both such persons.
47. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
48. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
49. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
50. All written communications by you to us must be sent by post to The Dorothy Clive Garden, Willoughbridge, Market Drayton, TF9 4EU or by email to email@example.com. Or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send written communications to you at either the e mail or postal address set out in our quotation.
51. We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in the venue.
52. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Signed by both parties :………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Print name/names ………………………………………………………………………………